So what does the social employee need to be successful? Here’s a list of some things I think need to be considered in building a new and more productive work model:
– Social employees look for coaches and mentors not “bosses”.
– Empowerment to take on business problems without micromanaging but within established guidelines.
– Freedom to choose hardware like mobile devices, laptops, etc. that fits their individual work style.
– Continuous access to the social web.
– The freedom and ability to form ad hoc workgroups as needed to address business issues and problems.
– Open and transparent executives.
– Shared control.